This artist’s biography is hardly lineal. To go from being an industrial design student at the Folkwang school to “mutating” into a sculptor certainly doesn’t happen as a matter of course, however, Christian Hack was always drawn to the sculpture department, where, under the guidance of Prof. Max Kratz, he finally gave in to the decisive impulse and gained the required courage to take this inclination seriously. Thus arose his first work- a “globe” made of welded iron pipe segments- made in his free time and just for fun, which ignited his initial desire to work creatively with the challenging material of metal.
- Born in 1946 in Erlangen
- 1971-76 Folkwang School Essen, Industrial Design, Model Construction (Acrylic), Architecture und Devices
- 1976-81 Self-employed Designer
- 1981-86 Various types of employment, Interior Design
- 1987 First sculptures in Acrylic, Polyester, Steel, Bronze
- 1991 Self-employed sculptor